Visit Canada as a Tourist or Business Person (Visit Canada)

Find out what you need to visit Canada as a tourist or business person, how to extend your stay in Canada and what documents you need to carry with you to transit through Canada.

Find out if you need an eTA or a visitor visa

List of countries whose citizens need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or a visa to visit or transit through Canada.

Visit as a tourist

Applications for eTA and visitor visa, processing times and what to expect when you arrive in Canada.

Visit your children or grandchildren

Applications for super visas, processing times and what to expect when you arrive in Canada.

Visit on business

Applications for eTA and visitor visa for business people and how to avoid problems or delays when bringing foreign business guests to Canada.

Travel and work in Canada

Information for youth to travel and work in Canada with the International Experience Canada Program.

Extend your stay

Applications to stay in Canada longer as a visitor and applications to be able to return to Canada when you leave.

Transit through Canada

Information for travellers and airlines about transit visas, eTAs and transit without visa programs.

Carry proper identification

Documents you need to travel with, even if you don’t need a visa or eTA to travel to Canada.

Get border information for visitors

Travel tips, entry requirements, prohibited or restricted goods and international events in Canada.